Search This Blog

27/07/2011

Cookie Girl

I really enjoy making food.  In fact, there have been times when I wanted to make food so badly, that, I would call people up and ask them to come over just so I would have somebody for whom to make food. Fortunately, a lot of my friends are guys who are in their early twenties, so they typically do not object to my offers to make them food.

Since I work long hours, and I work at night, I do not have a lot of time to make food.  When I do get a chance though, I have a hard time deciding what aspect I enjoy more, making the food, or eating something that is not store bought or from a restaurant :P

My current location for work is on a construction site, filled with men.  When I began working here and I grew more familiar with the workers, I started to bring them cookies.  I figured that they would be more than willing to eat my food, since they do such hard physical work all night.  I was right!  My cookies have been a hit since the first day I brought them.  Within a matter of days, every time I walked around the site, I would be stopped by workers asking “Do you have any cookies?”  Now, you must know, I am the on-site Level Three First Aid Attendant.  As such, my uniform makes it difficult for me to walk around site and NOT get noticed.  Some of the workers don’t know my actual name, but just know me as “Cookie Girl”. 

One day, I had barely gotten out of my car, when a worker approached me and said, “I hear you make cookies for the workers.  Is it true?”  I told him yes, and I asked if he would like to put in a request, as all the ones I had with me that day had already been spoken for.  The next day, he saw me drive up and he made a beeline for me, and had a huge smile on his face as I told him that I had his cookies.  It sounds silly, but there is just something enjoyable about seeing big, tough, fully grown men getting giddy over cookies!

Thanks for "listening."

No comments:

Post a Comment