Search This Blog

29/07/2011

It's the Little Things

Typically I am not very hard to please.  Although I do have OCD, and that means that lots of little things bug me, I am also very easily amused or excited by seemingly small things.  As some would say, "It's the little things that make life worth living." A call from an old friend, someone holding the door for you, a gift of flowers for no reason. Animals tend to make me smile no matter what, especially ducks.  Every year when spring comes around, I get giddy when I see the first batch of baby ducks or geese swimming around the lake with their mother.  I actually keep bird seed in a bin in my car so that I can feed the ducks and geese when I go to the park :)

There are also some little things that really annoy me that have nothing to do with being obsessive compulsive.  For instance, every day when I brush my hair, some of my hair comes out onto my brush.  This is all well and good.  The thing is, I have what I like to call “mutant hairs” that tend to spring up right after I just pulled my hair into a nice tight bun.  These hairs come in two forms.  The first, are little curly hairs that are like spirals.  I have straight hair, so this is very noticeable, and rather odd.  The second is …dun dun dun…. GRAY HAIRS!  I got my first one when I was in the car on a way to a Canucks Game.  I was only 22 years old!  Now that I am 24, the frequency at which I have to pull out those pesky little gray hairs is increasing.  This week alone, I have found three. *insert sad face here* The thing that really gets me is that never have I had one of these mutant hairs come out onto my brush when I brush my hair.  
They are mutant.  
                               They are resilient.  
                                                                      They bug me.  
It’s the little things, right?

Thanks for "listening."

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't help but laugh when you said that you got one of your grey hairs on the way home from a Canucks game! Was it that you just happened to notice it then? I'd assume that it would've taken a while to get there :P Your three grey hairs (out of the million) are very hard to see, but when you find them, you can just pull them out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have pulled them all out except for one stubborn one. Also, they do spring up very suddenly. Typically, they are only about an inch long.

    ReplyDelete