Search This Blog

29/07/2011

What a Wonderful World

I absolutely LOVE this planet and all of the wonderful sights it has for me to see.  I have not done a lot of traveling, but I have seen my share of beautiful things, whether they were in person or on Google images is besides the point :p

Something I have noticed is that as I have grown older there have been some changes in the sky above our heads.  First of all, the sky is not nearly as blue as it once was.  This can likely be chalked up to pollution.  However, I fear for any small children whose parents are teaching them their colours by using the sky as a reference for the colour blue.  These children may be confused later on in life when they realize that “blue” is the colour of the Vancouver Canucks' home jersey, not the sky.

Beyond that, there is this beautiful, colourful ring around the sun that used to fascinate me as a child.  It was like a rainbow in a perfect circle, and it was so pretty.  Today I was looking up at the clouds and I saw something truly wonderful.  The ring around the sun was reflecting its colours through this thin stratus cloud that had passed in front of the sun.  The way that the cloud had ripples in it, combined with the full spectrum of colours dancing across each ripple made the cloud look like the inside of a clamshell.  So beautiful!

Thanks for "listening."

No comments:

Post a Comment