Search This Blog

14/09/2011

Heartcahe all over the World

I have not done a lot of writing lately because I have been bored, tired, and most of what I have witnessed is just so conventional that everyone already knows about it and I would just be restating what most of us have already heard.  That being said, here is what I have thought of what has gone on in our world lately:
The 10 Year Memorial of the 9/11 Attacks:

I have always been very sceptical about the whole idea that jets were hijacked and flown into the buildings.  It is possible, of couse, but it is also insane.  I find it much more believable that the American government at that time (BUSH) was evil and corrupt and didn’t care about his constituents as much as he cared about money.  I am not going to get into this any more than that.  I am just saying, both ideas are possible.  It could have been terrorists, or maybe BUSH is the Terrorists. Who knows, who cares.  The part that really got to me is that regardless of who did this or why, thousands of innocent people died.  People lost their mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers, aunts, uncles, grandparents, grandchildren, cousins, friends, lovers.  I was driving on my way to see a friend, and I was in a great mood.  About 6 minutes before arriving, I heard a clip on the radio that was a compilation of audio recordings from the day of the attacks.  At first I was thinking “I have heard this before.”  But then it kept on going.  The clip was about 5 minutes in length and by the end of it my good mood was shattered and I had tears in my eyes as I drove.  What got to me was hearing the reactions of people on the streets as they witnessed people jumping from the burning buildings, and the voice of a woman recounting the phone call she got from her husband who was on one of the flights that was hijacked.  I can’t even begin to describe the agony I felt on behalf of these men and women.  It breaks my heart.  That kind of thing never goes away.  It never leaves a person’s memory, and we should be praying for the family and friends who are left behind much more often than once a year on the “anniversary” of the deaths of their loved ones.

The AMBER ALERT for Kienan Hebert:

When I first heard about this, my heart went out to this boy’s parents.  I have no children of my own, but I have friends with young children, and if something were to happen to one of them I know how terribly broken up I would be and I am not even the parent.  I think our entire province, and perhaps our entire country was in a state of subdued anxiety until Kienan was returned home to his family.  It makes me sick to know that his abductor broke into his bedroom at night and took him without even being noticed until morning.  This is nothing against the parents at all, but simply against the fact that such evil people exist in our world.  It makes such anger rise up in me.  I am a gentle, loving person, but I feel like I completely understand God’s wrath when I hear about situations like this.  I want nothing more than to see the evil people of the world suffer.  However, it is not my place to judge this man, or the man in Denmark who shot up that camp of children.  The only solace I have is in knowing that these deeds WILL be paid for in this life or the next.

Deaths in the hockey world:
Earlier this year as the Canucks were in round 4 of the Staley Cup Playoffs, my friends and I were downtown watching one of the games.  During the intermission I was saying to one of my friends how I thought it was kind of amazing how there are SO many plane crashes every year, and yet sports teams still choose to fly their entire teams together on the same flight when they travel from place to place.  Of course, it does make sense to have the whole team together so that they can build up their team spirit as they train, travel and play together.  My point was that someday, the odds are that one of those planes will go down and an entire team would be lost.  I said that it would be horrible if it was at the end of the season and a team was in the finals as our beloved Canucks were at the time, and they were to be entirely wiped out.  I wondered then what would happen.  Would the other team be declared the winner?  About a week ago those few thoughts seemed suddenly foolish.  Now that the Russian KHL Lokomotiv Yaroslav team has been completely wiped out, such questions regarding the timing of their deaths, or who would be declared the winner become irrelevant and even offensive.  Of course I had only been speculating on something that had never happened.  The human mind is a curious place.  That being said, the only thing that was going through my mind was how the sports commentators were talking about this being a horrible loss for the hockey world.  SERIOUSLY?  These men were not born hockey players.  They were born humans, and they died humans.  Humans with families and friends who now miss them dearly every day.  Yes, they were all well known world-wide for their athletic ability, but athletes can be replaced.  Eventually, another team will be made up.  Rick Rypien and Derek Boogaard have already been replaced on their teams by other young hockey stars.  Their lives though, those can never be replaced.  Their children will never be able to replace the feeling of their dad tucking them in at night, or wiping the tears from their eyes when they are sad or scared.  These men are just like all of the other people in this world who have died in plan crashes.  They are special people in the eyes of their families.  Though these men were well known athletes, their value is the same as all of the other men and women who died in airplanes and car crashes over the years.  Though the others may go nameless, merely as numbers on a sheet of statistics, their souls are all remembered by God and by their families.
Well, those are my thoughts on all of the depressing things that have gone on in our world recently.  
Thanks for "listening."

No comments:

Post a Comment