Search This Blog

03/09/2011

I'm a writer!!! (woohoo)

Today I feel like a true writer.  I have been at home ALL day working on finishing touches for my book.  This is not even a draft that is going to an editor or a publisher.  It is just so that I can get it out into the world to see what people think of it.  At any rate, I have been working on this for a long time, and today I am wearing grubby clothes, I am unshowered, my hair is a mess, I didn’t brush my teeth until my Dad showed up at my place to pick up a copy of the book, I have barely eaten anything all day, and I have a bit of a headache and a sore back from sitting at my computer all day working on this, my baby.  This is where the idea of a “starving artist” comes from, I am sure.  Not only have I invested time and money into this, but I have gotten no money from it yet, and I have spent so much time on it that I neglect to remember that I need to eat to stay alive.  Oops.

That is just my own personal physical state.  You should see my apartment.  There are papers all over the floor in different piles: a pile for title pages, a pile for each copy of book, a pile for pages I need to reprint because I hole punched the wrong side, a pile for pages covered in random characters that the printer spewed out while it was possessed by some evil spirit, and of course a pile for recycling (almost as big as the piles for the copies of the books.)

I can hardly believe it took this long, but I have been printing books out for a few hours now, and only now does my cat decide that she wants to help.  *Insert images of YouTube cats here*



3 comments:

  1. good luck! or is it break a leg? Skate until you break a leg!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if I wanna look at your apartment after all that!!! :P And didn't think you could get through a chore like that without your cat(s)getting involved... :)
    Will I get shot if I point out a typo in this post, or should I let you find it on your own... :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! Can't wait to see it on the shelves one days soon!

    ReplyDelete