Search This Blog

15/09/2011

Mindless Existence of the Night

I would like to dedicate this post and the rest of the posts today to a good friend of mine.  As it is now officially September 15th, it is his birthday, and he is old again.  Happy Birthday.  You are a wonderfully creative person and such a great friend.  I appreciate you more than you know.  You are full of potential and the world better WATCH OUT once you graduate, cuz you are gonna go FAR!  Have a great day, and remember that even though you are a twin, there is no one in the world quite like you.  Happy Birthday :D 

I can get very bored very easily.  When I have nowhere to go, and nothing to do, can’t sleep, all my friends and family are asleep because it is the middle of the night, my apartment is clean, I am done baking cupcakes and I can’t rearrange my furniture because it will wake up the neighbours, I turn to the internet.  This normally only happens when I can’t sleep.  It is not like I sit around on the internet playing games and watching videos when I could be doing other more important things… or rather, other actually important things. 
I find that there are many times when I despise the fact that I have to continue on existing in spite of the lack of anything going on in my life.  I feel almost impatient for life to happen.  When I can’t sleep at night, which is very often, I really hate that I have to wait around for the rest of the world to wake up before I can do anything productive with myself.  My existence feels meaningless in those hours, so I tend to do things that are equally meaningless and mindless.  Prime example: playing computer games like Solitare or Mahjong.  I don’t really have to think to play these games.  I just play them, and then realize that hours have gone by and it is almost time for the rest of the world to wake up / time for me to get on with living.  Occasionally I feel the need to use my brain a little bit more so I play games like Bookworm, Sky Island – a game which I found on the internet.  It is actually really neat.  It is a 2D animation game, similar to games on the Original NES.  The cool part is that as you are going along, you can click and drag the mouse across the screen to change your perspective, 90 degrees at a time (not up and down though.)  When your perspective is changed, you find that you can reach other areas and objects that you couldn’t reach before.  Click here to play!
There are also times at night when I can’t sleep, I am not into the mindless games thing, but I also don’t want to actually DO anything.  This is when I usually turn to YouTube.  I don’t even remember how I found this guy, but I came across a channel called the Philip DeFranco Show.  It is a guy named Philip DefFanco (aka sxephil) who takes various news stories from that day and talks about them.  I believe he is either the same age as me, or a year older, so when he talks about all this stuff that most young people would find boring and pointless, it gets us interested!  I am glad that I can still loop myself into the term “young people.”  You’re only as old as you feel right?  Haha!
Have you ever noticed how you start talking or acting like people when you hang out with them too much?  Well, I have noticed that I have recently started talking like Philip Defranco.  At first I was a bit embarrassed because I have never actually hung out with the guy, but then I realized that nobody I know will care because they don’t know who he is anyway.  Now that I have said this, all like, 12 of you will know who he is if you click on any of the links to his stuff.  So, if you notice me talking like sxephil, I apologize … sort of… but not really, cuz it pretty much just makes me sound more interesting.  Now if only I could sprout some adorable dimples from watching too much PDS... that would be something!
Here are some links to some of the works/sites of the amazing Philip DeFranco:


Please be advised, he is awesome and doesn’t really care what people think, so If you are sensitive to swearing, you may want to avoid some of his stuff… or keep your hand over the mute button just in case, or toughen up a bit (one of those three.)  Haha, ya… that might get some interesting reactions from the Christian crowd.  Oops!  Oh well, PhillyD is awesome, and he is doing this world a great service by causing young people to actually give a hoot (notice the lack of swearing…) about world events.
Thanks for all you do, PhillyD, and for your adorable dimples.  I’m proud to know you… or… know of you.
Thanks for "listening."

No comments:

Post a Comment