Search This Blog

08/08/2011

Game Time!

This may seem like a contradiction because I have previously said that I don’t have a lot of time to go running.  When I am at work, I have a LOT of time on my hands.  I am a First Aid Attendant, so my job is to be at the ready with all of my skills and knowledge, to help any workers who are injured.  I do site walks, and inventory, and talk to the workers and the security guard throughout my shift, but this hardly makes up the time that I am actually at work.  That being said, I have a lot of down time.  In this down time, I obviously do a lot of writing.  That doesn’t even take up all of my time, so I do other things such as exercises, watching the ravens that live at my work site, watching episodes of TV shows, and playing games on my computer. 

I have some games that are on my computer, but there are some others that are only accessible via the internet.  The good thing about this, is that I can share them with you!

To play any of the following games, just click on the game title and it will link you to the page where you can play the game.  Beware, they are addictive, occasionally frustrating, and may cause you to lose significant amounts of sleep, depending on how obsessive you are!

Tealy and Orangey: This game is very simple in that all you have to do is get the balls through the course to reach the next level.  however, there are obstacles in your way like bombs and spikes which you will need to avoid.  There are two portions to each level: Tealy and Orangey.  Each colour has its own ball, its own obstacles, and its own course to navigate.  The kicker is this: although the courses may not be the same, both balls move at the same time, so you have to keep your eyes on both areas otherwise the ball you are not looking at will run into an obstacle and have to start the level over.
The Company of Myself: This game has a weird, somewhat disturbing premise to it, but if you ignore that and just play the game, it is fun.  Each level is like a puzzle where you have to use your man to navigate gaps etc to reach the green box at the end.  There are a few elements to the game that when added together make each level possible.  There are no specific instructions, so you have to figure it out for yourself as you go, which is half the fun.  As you finish each level that you thought was impossible, you will feel all good about yourself inside ... even though it is just a game.

The I of It: In this game, you are the letter "I", and as this letter, you have to navigate your way through each level by extending and shrinking yourself to grab onto ledges and to jump off them.  It sounds very silly, and perhaps it is, but it is very fun.  The narrator has an accent and it goes through the entire game with you, telling you what to do in some cases, and subtly making fun of you in others. 

Super Stacker: This game is essentially just what the name suggests.  You stack things. (I used to play this game when I went to restaurants, using cups, ketchup bottles, salt and pepper shakers, cutlery etc... I stopped because it got a little too messy when the towers fell.)  In this game, the objects that you stack are common shapes such as squares, triangles, circles and bars.  Along the top, there is a list of what shapes are coming up next and how big they are.  The goal of the game is stack all of the pieces without any of them falling.  It is harder than it sounds in some cases, but they key here is to plan ahead.  That, and a lot of trial and error :P

I really enjoyed playing all of these games, and there is no way that I could choose a favourite.  They are each very different.  I hope you enjoy them, too, but try to make sure you get some sleep... and remember to eat and go to the bathroom too!

Thanks for "listening."

4 comments:

  1. Lol, I guess I shouldn't try them yet because I'm already tired! I'll have to remember to check them out later :P You sure made them sound interesting and fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are definitely fun... and sometimes frustrating. I am currently stuck on level 13 of Tealy and Orangey. The first part is the hardest, so when I get past it, I get all excited, then screw up and have to start all over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The company of myself was amazing...good find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know, right?! I loved it. I wish I could unlearn how to play it and then go back and do it again :P

    ReplyDelete