Search This Blog

13/08/2011

Shopping is not my thing

I am not your average girl.  I don’t really enjoy shopping.  I find it very tedious, mostly because I get an idea in my mind of what I want and I usually don't end up finding anything like it.  Sometimes I get lucky and I find something that is “close enough” to what I want.  Very rarely though, I find that golden nugget - the rare find.  I tend to stick with what I know works.  For example, when I go to Subway, I order the same thing almost every time.  It’s the same when I order pizza.  My mind doesn’t see Subway or Pizza as an array of options, because I have already selected which option is the best and that is what I associate with the restaurant as a whole.  I like to keep it simple.
Alright, back to shopping.  Over the years I have gone through many many many products that just don’t quite cut it.  However, I have also found some things that I consider to be true gems.  Because I love you all so much, I am going to give you a list of some of these products so that you too can know (without the hassle of years of searching) which things REALLY work.  These are all what I would consider gender neutral products.  Are you excited?  I know I am!!! Okay, enough of the girly excitement.  Here's the goods:
 
This little baby is amazing!  One thing I love is a good back scratch.  When I shower, I always wish that I had something to really give my back a good scratch, so I used to scratch it myself as best I could, and would come out of the shower with red marks all over me, making it look like I just got attacked by some animal.  It was effective (sort of) but it produced a very unattractive result.  With this exfoliating towel, I just put some soap on it, lather it up, hold it behind my back and rub away (as if I was drying off with a normal towel).  It is absolutely heavenly.  So heavenly, that I use it on my whole body.  I tried it on my face last week and it buffed my skin until it was baby bottom smooth.

 
I am pretty sure I was first introduced to these via late night infomercial.  I was not convinced.  After a few years of working in steel toed boots for 10 + hours a day, my boots were starting to stink up my front closet and all the jackets etc hanging above the shoe rack.  I went to a shoe store and found two products for removing foot stink from shoes.  One was a spray, and the other was a pack of these little yellow happy face balls that smell like fresh laundry.  Of course, I went with the happy faces, and I have not regretted my choice for a second.  I don’t have to take the time to spray each shoe.  All I have to do is take off my boots after work, throw the sneaker balls in and by morning they smell fresh.  Not to mention, my front closet smells much more appealing than it did in its previous state.

This is a shampoo and conditioner combination that has natural menthol added to it.  My goodness it is such a nice feeling.  Not only can I get away with just washing my hair (not using additional conditioner) but my entire scalp feels tingly and cool.  The fresh feeling lasts even after I have rinsed my hair and gotten out of the shower.  I know there is a bit of a stigma that goes along with Head and Shoulders.  I used to get made fun of when I was in middle school because I used Head and Shoulders.  I thought this was odd, because wouldn’t it be much worse to be walking around with flakes in my hair?  Either way, nobody should be ashamed of having dandruff.  It’s just dry skin.  I get dry skin all the time.  In fact, I pretty much have to douse myself with lotion after every shower I take because my skin is that stupidly dry.  That being said, if it is socially acceptable to use lotion to give moisture to the skin, then why can’t we all just admit our humanity and our need for Head and Shoulders Refresh Shampoo plus conditioner, and give our scalps the moisture they deserve?  Alright, I’m getting a bit carried away.  But seriously, your scalp is skin too.  Moisturize people!

Again, this has been another odd topic, but....

Thanks for "listening."

No comments:

Post a Comment