Search This Blog

01/08/2011

Personality Mirror

Do you ever get insecure?  I know I do.  Some people who know me very well may say that it is more like sometimes I get confident.  I don't even know why I am this way.  People have told me that I am great, beautiful, talented, etc but when I look in the mirror I rarely see it.  I have learned to adjust to what I see in the mirror, but there are so many days where I wish I could be different.  Change my name.  Lose some weight.  Not have gray hairs.  Have nicer skin. Have whiter teeth.  All sorts of things.

You know, I don't even feel like I am having one of those break through moments of confidence right now.  It is more like I am beginning to learn how to trick my mind into thinking something else.  If other people can see the good in me, then they can't all be wrong ... right?  I know I have good in me.  Sometimes I just feel like the good in me tends to affect others positively more so than it effects me positively.  I have a good heart.  I do a lot to make other people feel  happy and special.  If I looked prettier, if I my waist was the same size it was when I was in high school, that wouldn't make a difference to anyone who looks at me and sees past my exterior.  Wouldn't it be nice if there was a personality mirror?  Perhaps I should invent one...

This is definitely one of my more random posts, but that is kind of how my mind works.  The writer in me tends to take all of my musings and filter them, copy and past, shift and shuffle them so that they make some semblance of sense.  That is not really how my mind actually works in terms of my thought process.  In fact, I often reread what I have written before I post it or press the save button, and I think to myself, "This is so organized.  Did I write this?" 

Back to the personality mirror.  I think it has essentially already been invented.  As a writer, all of the things that are "me" and are not visible on the outside, they come out in my writing.  I write what I think, what I feel, what I observe of the world.  I don't see anything really good or bad about it, really.  Not for long, anyway.  I may think that I have written something meaningful, or entertaining, but then I don't get any feedback on it, and my mind, being the insecure person that I am, pretty much automatically jumps to "Nobody likes it." 

So, If you could do me the hugest favour and leave a comment, or click one of the buttons at the bottom of each post, I would be very grateful.  It would give me something to look back on when I feel insecure.  A reminder that someone actually reads this.  I am not saying  you have to comment on every post (although if you did, that would be wonderful.)  Just pick your favourite one(s) and give a little comment. 

Some other ways you could help out with my personality mirror are:

- Follow this blog
- Refer your friends to this blog

Thanks in advance to anyone who does this for me.  I appreciate it more than you know!

Thanks for "listening."


2 comments:

  1. Your blogs deserve to be read because you are so interesting, and I admire how you express yourself so openly and honestly all the time. My response to each post, is a warm, friendly smile. Sometimes I don't know what words would be adequate to respond to yours with, but I always look forward to having discussions with you about it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! You are such an encouragement and inspiration to me :D

    ReplyDelete