Search This Blog

22/08/2011

Have you played today?

This may be one of the shortest posts I ever write, but it is possibly one of THE most important topics.

As a busy adult with a more than full time job, a home to keep up, family to attend to, friends to visit and errands to run, I rarely find time to slow down and REALLY enjoy life - no strings attached.  Today I got an opportunity to do just that.  I went to the beach with some of my extended family and got to play with my little cousins (ages five and two.)  We had a lot of fun digging in the sand, splashing in the water and petting every dog within a 50 foot radius of our play area.  As I was digging in the sand I thought of something that I heard a long time ago.  It seemed silly to me back then, perhaps because I wasn't as busy, but here it is:

Have you played today?

This is important for two reasons
  1. Playing does wonders for your mental and physical health.
  2. Any child that gets to play with you will be better off for having spent valuable, and likely rare, unadulterated, uninhibited play time with a responsible adult. Children and adults alike need this.
That's all.  Now, go play already!!!!  

Thanks for "listening."

No comments:

Post a Comment